Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So long, holidays

I suppose the holidays are officially over now. They're definitely over at our house as the decorations have all been taken down and packed away for another year. Just in time, too, as Otis had started to develop an interest in the Christmas tree. I think he just wanted his window back. Who knows. I think he's very happy now. He's got access to "his" window, the leather chair is back in a place where he can rescue his ball when it rolls beneath it, and he can actually run in circles again in the living room. It's not a bad set-up for the little guy.

I think he was also pretty happy with the goings-on around here Sunday as M and I spent what we have declared as the laziest day in the history of our knowing each other. We did get up and go to church, but we didn't do anything else (at least nothing productive). Once we got home, we crawled back into our pj's and back into the bed. We let Otis in to nap with us, and the three of us slept in a pile for an entire three hours. We then proceeded to watch football in bed for the remainder of the day. We didn't get up until we got hungry, and then we went out to dinner. Like I said, a completely lazy day. It was glorious. As for the TV in the bedroom- I'm a little embarrassed to admit that we got one. We have always been proud of being a one TV family. We liked that we weren't glued to the TV in bed. We caved, though. I can't even begin to explain why, but I will say that Sunday afternoon was very nice (and it is a very small TV).

Beyond that, we are just hanging out in baby mode. I am sincerely ready for S to "get out." We're taking more walks, and I've started eating spicy foods. I don't even like spicy foods, really. What I do like is the idea of being post-natal. I'm ready to get this show on the road.


Oh, yeah- I suppose with the new year, I should admit my New Year's resolutions. I have two. The first is to lose the baby weight. I'm giving myself the whole year to do it, and we're not talking "much" weight, so I am confident I'll succeed. I'm not going to drive myself crazy about it. I just know that I'll feel better about myself at my normal size than I would carrying around extra weight, and I think feeling better about myself is going to be critical in my actually being a good mother (and wife). The second is to get back in the habit of walking Otis at least four times a week. I feel bad not saying I'll walk him every day (especially since I always walked him when I was still amongst the ranks of the employed), but I don't really know what life will be like once little bit is here. Also, I'm not holding myself to this resolution until the baby arrives.

I guess that's it from around here. Two of the nutcrackers wanted to say Happy New Year before they were put away- May the force be with you.


No comments: