Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cinnamon Mini Muffins

The muffins turned out very nice indeed. Not too sweet, which is often a problem I have with muffins. I tweaked the recipe a bit, but here's what I went with. I think I'm going to make scrambled eggs and turkey bacon to go with the muffins for dinner. Ironically, there is no cinnamon in the actual cinnamon muffins.

Cinnamon Mini Muffins
3/4C all-purpose flour

3/4C whole wheat flour
1/2C light brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder

1/2tsp kosher salt
1/2tsp ground nutmeg

1/2tsp ground allspice

1 egg, beaten

1/2C skim milk

1/3C margarine, melted

For topping: 2 TBSP melted margarine, cinnamon sugar to taste


Combine dry ingredients. Combine milk, margarine, and egg. Mix all together until just moistened. Spoon into greased mini muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test. Brush the warm muffins with margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Makes 24 mini muffins.


*The original recipe called for all white flour and white sugar, which I swapped out. Next time, I'll try using applesauce for the margarine, too. I'm all for "healthier."

3 comments:

monkeymama said...

your nesting is really cracking me up!!! Get some sleep while you can!

mo.wask said...

angie seems to always say what i'm thinking.

and the muffins sound great. think k and i might try them this weekend. yum!

die Frau said...

Yes, I may try them--it's FREEZING here and the idea of something warm and sweet is appealing!