Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The end of the world as we know it

This is the last day of the life I've grown pretty accustomed to. Everything changes tomorrow (assuming she doesn't buck the trend of staying put today). It is completely strange to have no idea what your life is going to be like in 24 hours. I can't imagine another scenario that would cause such instantaneous upheaval. Tomorrow morning will be the last time I take a shower before I'm a mom. The last time I make the bed before I'm a mom. I'd love to say the last time I eat breakfast before I'm a mom, but I'm not allowed to eat after midnight.

Knowing that it's the last night of just me and M has its perks. Well, it takes the guesswork out of it at least, and now we know that this is it. We're going out to dinner. Funny thing is, I feel like I'm choosing my "last meal." Sounds awful, right? Like I'm a death row inmate or something. I can't imagine how tough that decision would be considering I'm really not making a monumental choice...I just have to pick what I want for dinner. I've been craving a really good cheeseburger, but I'm sure that something that greasy and heavy is not wise. I'm sure a salad makes more sense, but I can't really see the appeal of that option. How silly am I that I am actually concerned about this? Don't answer that.

Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Much luck. And love!
I think I would have steak. And a sweet potato. What are your chances of getting a Pronto Pup?