Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The baking bug

I thought that scheduling S's arrival would light a fire under me to make sure my house is completely spotless. Truth is- the house is already clean. The floors just need to be vacuumed. Amazingly, despite the impending visit from the stork, I don't care much about cleaning right now. Know what I want to do? Bake. And bake. And bake some more. I already made Pecan Cinnamon bread to take to the doctor's office in the morning. I'm trying to decide what I want to make for here. The cinnamon baking smelled divine, so I'm thinking I may make cinnamon muffins. I found some recipes online, and I think I found one that will pretty easily transition to whole wheat flour. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Other than the baking (both literally and figuratively), there is very little going on around here. I picked up some extra juice and milk and fruit this morning as I've developed a fear that I'm going to run out as soon as we get home from the hospital. It just feels like I'm existing in some bizarre parallel universe right now. Everything seems surreal because I can't imagine what my life is going to be like in two short days. I stopped by to see my friend Anne (and Annabelle) this morning and just watching Annabelle play struck me as strange. Why strange? Because I'm going to have one running around riding stick unicorns soon enough. I'm so excited I can barely stand it. At the same time, I feel oddly one-dimensional because the baby is all I think about lately (other than baked goods...clearly). I suppose that's normal.

I need to go bake something now.

No comments: