Friday, January 19, 2007

Hungry, hungry hippo

I feel like all I've done is drink hot tea and eat for the past two days. It's not accurate, but that's how I feel. Maybe it's because everything I see looks yummy. Wednesday night I was making a salad for dinner and everything in the kitchen sounded like a nice addition to the mix. There ended up being oranges, diced apples, sliced grapes, cheese, lettuce, grilled chicken, walnuts, and croƻtons in a giant bowl. It was delish. Last night saw more of the same. We had pasta...nothing fancy there. I sauteed sliced grapes and diced onion in olive oil, added chopped walnuts, mixed it into some pesto, added it to the pasta, and topped it off with Parmesan cheese. It was remarkably good. Even M liked it after visibly expressing his fear of what grapes were going to taste like in pesto. Tonight I'm making a roast chicken with veggies and beer bread. I'm hungry already.

Five Senses Friday:

Sight- The impending due date on the calendar.
Smell- Banana Nut Muffins baking for M. (I added chocolate chips.) Bacon.
Taste- Hot cornbread with butter. All of the aforementioned goodies.
Touch- S's new hand-knit cashmere booties and cap. Softest ever.
Sound- Silence...I have a feeling I'll miss that one soon.

No comments: