Thursday, February 24, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Today, I'm going to post about lovely things. I could post about heartburn that's requiring constant use of Zantac. Or round ligament pain. Or my inability to breathe. Or hip pain. Or exhaustion. Or loads of other stuff. But where's the fun in that?
Exactly. No fun at all.
Instead, I'll pontificate about the rotten timing of Spring catalogs. Because that's way more fun. I'm trudging along in my third trimester...not talking about all those rotten symptoms. I'm pretty much the size of a sumo wrestler, but I'm okay with that. There's an extra human hanging out. But I'm growing tired of the maternity wear and the cold, dreary winter. And now Spring clothing catalogs are arriving to remind me that I'm a whale and that I can't wear the lovely Spring clothing as early as I'd like. Granted, T is due on May 1st, so I'll have the latter part of Spring to wear something less wretched than my maternity clothes, but I'm not about to start buying real clothes when there is absolutely no telling what my body size or shape will be after the little bundle of joy arrives. Plus...what I really want...what I covet are dresses. And dresses just aren't practical for nursing mamas. Know what I'm saying? Ever been out somewhere in a dress with an infant and realized that in order to nurse said infant your entire outfit has to be hoisted up to your chin? It ain't pretty. So no dresses for about another year.
To limit the self-torture, I've chucked most of the catalogs straight into the recycling bin. But when Garnet Hill showed up, I made the monumental mistake of opening it. And here are some things that I am drooling over...for your Sunday enjoyment.
Thursday, February 03, 2011
- Yesterday, I picked up a copy of Real Simple. I don't know why. I couldn't stop myself. Anyway, it recommended that if you're kind of over your morning coffee, you should try warm milk with a splash of vanilla and a dash of cinnamon. I'm trying to cut back on sugar and caffeine lately since I've noticed a direct correlation between my sugar/caffeine consumption and my feeling like preggo-crap. While the cinnamon is bothering me because cinnamon just floats...the warm vanilla milk is pretty tasty. I'm certain I'll fall asleep any moment, though...and have a bit of a caffeine headache later. But, I hate to be negative. (That's funny, right?)
- Fruit punch flavored glucose test drink is funky. Plus, not eating my toast with peanut butter and a banana yesterday morning prior to the glucose test really messed with my day. I felt bad until I went to bed...at 7pm. (Thank you, husband, for taking care of our daughter.)
- My daughter gets frustrated too easily, and sometimes it makes me crazy. M gets frustrated easily, too. And I'm not going to act like I don't get frustrated because I don't want my pants to catch on fire (liar, liar), but I tend to think that I'm awesome and my mistakes add character to my life and my projects. S doesn't feel that way. What have I done wrong? (Please note: a dose of humility would likely make me a nicer, more likable person, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks.)
- I really, really want some wonderful person to take my dog. I am at my wit's end. I fear that in lieu of my current passive aggressive dislike towards said animal, I am going to be downright mean soon. I am trying to do the right thing by putting myself and the precious pooch into a better situation. M's not having it.
- I am super excited about this. Like, super excited.
- I do not want to go to the grocery store today, but I have to. Especially if S and I are going to make cookies later, and I promised her that we would. I must be more careful about what I promise that child.