Monday, August 07, 2006

Porkin' up- finally!

Finally, after weeks of worry that I would never be able to put on weight due to my battles with all-day-sickness, I have put on two pounds. When I was weighed this morning at the doctor's office, I was so excited I felt like I deserved a prize. Jelly Bellies would've been nice (only red ones...none of those funky buttered popcorn things). Either way, I never thought I'd be so excited to GAIN weight, but I am. My belly is also growing at what is apparently the proper rate, so me and the mini-me are coming along nicely. M also got to hear the heartbeat. I looked over at him right as the doctor found the heartbeat and his face was lit up like a little kid seeing fireworks for the first time. It was a wonderful moment, and I am so happy to be having a baby with my completely fabulous husband. He's going to be the best daddy!

Now I am going to chill out with Otis for the day. He's laying on that vent again...it's his new favorite spot, I guess. I'm just really excited and happy today, so I hope all of you are having great days.

No comments: