Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Favorite Things

I've spent a lot of time recently staring at the things scattered around my house. I LOVE my stuff...some of it more than others, but as a general rule, I develop attachments to my things. I get all excited when I think about my obscenely large collections of plates, glasses, platters, and bowls. I love M's nutcracker collection, and I love the fact that he has sentimental attachments to the things around the house that came from his grandfather. We have a lot of stuff. In realizing how many things we own that are completely and totally frivolous, I decided to start picking out my favorites and sharing...

This week's winner is my grandmother's antique buffet. When I was a little girl, it sat in her house, and I always called it "the bar." I loved it then, and I basically threatened any family member that tried to take it. My aunt Mel and my granddaddy brought it to me this spring. Now it sits in my dining room, holding a lot more of my favorite things!!

1 comment:

die Frau said...

I could swear your china pattern is the same as my great-great-grandmother's!