Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hungry, hungry hippo

So I am officially not "sick pregnant" anymore. I'm acting more like myself by drinking copious amounts of water and actually eating some fruits and veggies again. Of course, right now, I'm just hungry. I read that one of the second trimester symptoms could be a "hearty appetite." That's definetely one of the symptoms that I've been developing over the last week. I just want to eat constantly.

Today I was lucky enough to get to babysit the adorable A across the park. She's easily one of the cutest babies ever, and we had a blast for the hour and a half that she was awake. Of course, the whole time I was there, I was munching on everything I laid my hands on (grapes, cheerios, graham cracker sticks). A is a muncher, too, so it was funny...the two of us at the table around a mound of cut up grapes (much like Hungry, Hungry Hippos).

Since I've been home, I've been scouring the kitchen for snacks. I've been home for 45 minutes, and I have already eaten leftover chicken and rice casserole from last night, string cheese, and a spoonful of peanut butter. I'm thinking hard about hitting the peanut butter again, but I should really eat one of the oranges in the fridge instead...maybe I'll eat both so that one doesn't feel left out. I am an equal opportunity piggy.

Oh, and on the Otis front- he seems to be feeling loads better, but he DOES NOT like having the medicine put in his ears. M has to basically sit on him like a horse and put him into a headlock while I do the honors. I don't know how one person could accomplish such a difficult task. At least we're not having to take his temperature!!

2 comments:

feather nester said...

Hooray! I'm so glad your appetite is back. And very nice hippo analogy. Poor Otis. Lita is such a sweet kitty...until the vet tries to put things in her ears. Even worse is up her nose. Can't say I blame her. Cat claws of fury.

monkeymama said...

just wait until that is a kid that you are doing that to...they don't like it any more than the animals. I always loved the game hungry, hungry hippos as a kid. I understand now how annoying it is to an adult...