Thursday, December 28, 2006

Moving right along

I've been pretty much wiped out the past few days. Lots of standing up cooking and getting ready for company left this whale of a pregnant lady in desperate need of a nap. In fact, by the time I got ready and headed to the doctor's office yesterday, I was ready to call the whole day off and crawl back into bed. I was like a three-year-old that missed her nap- cranky. Alas, my wonderful doctor saved the day with the most wonderfully glorious news I've ever heard. We (and by we, I mean me and my reproductive system) are getting ready to pop this baby out. Dilation and effacement have commenced, and it's just a matter of time. I suppose it's just a matter of time either way, but it seems so much more promising now. He also doesn't think there's any way she'll be much over seven pounds (if she gets to seven pounds), and the hope of her "petite" stature at birth also makes me very happy. Of course, that says nothing of how long she'll be, and I have a hunch she's going to be long and skinny like her daddy. That hunch is based on the fact that her head is already dropped way down but she's still playing footsie with my ribs. I read that most of the time, babies aren't long enough to do both. Then again, most mommies have more vertical space than I am able to give her, so it could just be that she's living in the equivalent of a sardine can. We'll see. I'm just happy to know that she's getting ready to make her debut and that both of us are still completely healthy.

It's weird to think that M and I are really going to be bringing home a baby sooner than later. It's surreal. The thought of going to the hospital and delivering our baby has made me acutely aware of my grown-upedness in a way that owning a house and buying cars and "retiring" hasn't come near. It's awesome, awesome, awesome!!

Also, this is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. For all you Colgaters- didn't you go to school with some of these people?? Hehehehe

No comments: