Sunday, December 17, 2006

A lament for weekends

I am quickly realizing that weekends as we know them are almost over. I suppose that's an understatement...more appropriately LIFE as we know it is almost over. No more hanging out in coffee shops when we want to get out of the house for awhile. No more just running out for quick errands. Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of being one of those moms who stays cooped up in the house all the time, afraid to expose my baby to the world outside. I just mean that the ease with which we generally operate is almost a thing of the past. Sometimes I even wonder how walks will work with Otis and the baby. I'm guessing that will be a major adjustment as he still pulls more than I'd like. He just knows that the squirrels in the park want to make friends. I, however, seriously doubt it.

Of course, while thinking about our rapidly dwindling weekends of freedom, I don't know what I'm so worried about. All we've done lately on the weekends is work on getting ready for her anyway. It's not like we're out on the town or anything. For instance, today's activities: after church and the grocery store, M put the acrylic on her dresser since it was 70 degrees outside. He also played with the new camcorder...no way my husband is going to let her be born without full working knowledge of parental gadgetry. Yesterday, he installed the car seat base. We are not exciting people. I can't imagine how having a baby will make us any less exciting. Does everyone go through life thinking that their lives are completely uninteresting to the general population? I'm not implying at all that I don't love our life- I do. This is how we roll.


Speaking of uninteresting- this post just needs to end before I bore everyone to tears. Here are some pictures from the weekend.

No comments: