Friday, December 15, 2006

How do you spell relief?

Sleep. Sweet, wonderful sleep. I've actually been able to get some the past couple of days, and it has made a huge difference. I am no longer on the constant verge of tears. In fact, yesterday I took the doctor's advice on trying to wear myself out by cleaning out cabinets, doing laundry, swimming, and gallivanting around the mall with hubby. By the time we got home last night, I was pooped. While the first couple of hours of sleep weren't the best, I didn't wake up at all from around midnight until 4:30, which is a record of late. I feel like a new person. I'm not sure what I'll do today...but it will definitely involve making M's favorite Christmas cookies.

I also made myself feel better by making some "executive decisions" about next week's Christmas dinners. M's family will all be here Saturday evening for dinner, and his dad will be here for actual Christmas day, too. I had planned to do the whole shebang Saturday night and something lighter on Christmas day, but I've since reworked the plan. Instead of stressing over an enormous turkey and all the trimmings on Saturday, we'll be having ham and a nice southern dinner (you know, lots of starch and veggies). Then I'll do a turkey breast on Christmas when it's just a few of us. That seems so much easier to me, and I felt a huge relief of anxiety upon making the decision. Besides, I feel like I have a really good excuse to make corn pudding now, which is my favorite...plus Sophie likes broccoli casserole. My mouth is watering already. Yum yum.

So, things are looking up. Plus, I got to see one of the new swim class babies yesterday, which was wonderful, and it just reminded me of how excited I am about S, even if I'm not excited about her incubation vacation inside my tummy. I suppose I can handle it- after all, I am getting her in the end, and I have a hunch I'm going to like her a lot.

Oh, and even though it doesn't start until sundown, Happy Hanukkah!!

No comments: