Thursday, September 29, 2011

a month of meals.

Apparently last week was the week of clothing. This week is the week of food.

For some reason, I've decided it's a good idea to tell you what the Ouisers have eaten for the entire month of September. In case you need a lot of dinner ideas. Or because I was bored and crazy enough to actually write it down. You be the judge.

For the record, these aren't actually in order. They are mostly in order. But not completely.

Also, I have linked to recipes where available.
  1. Ordered pizza.
  2. Ate at Casa de Reid. Steak and Blueberry Cobbler.
  3. Ate at my family's house while M and Daddy went to the UConn/Vandy game. There were potatoes, roasted broccoli, and a braised brisket.
  4. Spaghetti al Limone. I made this on Holly's recommendation. It was quite tasty.
  5. Fruit salad and homemade bread (Whole Wheat Basil Bread).
  6. Homemade pizza (using the dough and sauce recipes from The Bread Bible)
  7. Okinawan Takoraisu. This was good, but I've already scrapped the recipe because it wasn't that good. However, I'd totally eat it if I was in Okinawa.
  8. Barbecued Chicken
  9. Spaghetti with Sausage and Bell Peppers
  10. Eli's Asian Salmon (I've made this before, and I don't know why I bothered to make it again. I cannot stand sesame oil, and the sesame flavor hits me over the head in this dish.)
  11. Homemade pizza (again)
  12. Pasta with marinara
  13. Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (this time around, I got all brilliant and prepped everything early in the day and used the veggie scraps and chicken bones to make the stock)
  14. Rosemary Polenta (one of our favorites!)
  15. Quesadillas (I ate Ina's Tuscan White Beans since I'm still not really doing dairy)
  16. Pierogi with roasted carrots and broccoli
  17. Steak and Italian Fries
  18. Petit Pains au Lait with apples and cheddar
  19. Chicken tacos (I started with Smitten Kitchen's recipe, but I was really disappointed by how flavorless the chicken was, so I doctored it by making a sauce with a lot of spices)
  20. Pasta with olive oil and sea salt
  21. Pork tenderloin with Raspberry Balsamic Preserves, roasted potatoes, and green beans
  22. Aglio e Olio (I could eat this every single day. Forever.)
  23. Turkey Chili (M could eat this every single day. Forever.)
  24. Pancakes
  25. Cornmeal Brioche with Cinnamon Honey Butter, cheddar, and baked apples
  26. Roast Chicken with carrots and onions and roasted green beans
  27. Pasta with leftover chicken, garlic, and white wine
  28. Cajun Chicken Pasta (I left out the cayenne this time in hopes that S would eat it. She did not, so it's going back in next time.)
  29. Chicken Tortilla Soup
  30. Homemade Pizza
The Chicken Tortilla Soup is happening tonight, and I'm defrosting the pizza sauce for tomorrow night. I've also made a lot of bread this month. The Whole Wheat Basil Bread, lots of pizza dough, petit pains au lait, cornmeal brioche, orange-carrot bread, orange-cinnamon swirl, chocolate Babka, and Kolache. If I can ever lay my hands on some canned pumpkin, I am desperate to make a Pumpkin Brioche, and I'm making American Chocolate Bread this weekend.

Then I'm going to wallow in my fatness.

Now, I've got some embroidery to see to.

1 comment:

Strongmama said...

Are you having trouble finding pumpkin near you? I can send you some. I just picked up 8 cans today.