Saturday, May 13, 2006

Shake on it

Saturdays at work. What a true joy. Are you picking up on my sarcasm? As Marc and I both had to go to work this morning, we actually were both awake around the same time. Even he refuses to go to work before 7 on Saturdays. Workaholic. As I was washing my hair, I hear, "Say hello to your mother." Marc pulls back the shower curtain, and there is Otis, wondering what the heck is going on. He is normally not allowed into the bedroom based on his love of undies and SmartWools. I said hi and petted him, but he didn't much care for it as my hand was wet. Who ever heard of a Labradoodle who doesn't like water?

Just the same, as I was getting out of the shower, Marc was getting ready to leave and decided to leave Otis in the bedroom with me. He told Otis to be good and not get into the laundry. Then they shook on it. I'm not sure that Otis understood he was entering into a contractual agreement, but it was pretty funny to watch my husband and my dog in negotiations. So, that's how this day has started. For the record, Otis is in breach of contract as I had to chase him around the bed for my left Nike twice and once for a sock.

This is my life.

Oooh, I also finally made cupcakes the other night. Chocolate with caramel topping, chocolate frosting, and pecans. They are very gooey, but very yummy, too. I think I'll have one for breakfast right now. If I have to work on Saturdays, I might as well get to eat cupcakes for breakfast.

No comments: