Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The longest day in history...

I got to work this morning at 4:30 to cook for the morning show segments we were doing from the store. The day did not start well when I realized that I should have made the coffee cake last night as it was supposed to take an hour and a half and the show's host was expected in 45 minutes. Thank God for convection ovens. Of course, it was delish when finished, and although I rarely advocate "not from scratch", I must say that the Barefoot Contessa Sour Cream Coffee Cake was wonderful.

Since then, I've been trying to hold my eyes open, and the consistent drizzle and gray skies outside aren't helping the fight against gravity. Between the weather and exhaustion, I doubt I'll accomplish anything productive today. I wonder if I'll even make dinner...I am certain that Marc would appreciate dinner as I hear his day is also less than stellar.


To help alleviate my mood, I'll see what I come up with for the five senses thing that Allison got me thinking about...things today

Sight: the color of the raspberry butter I made to go with the mini biscuits this morning

Sound: the jumping graduation owl in the store that "hoots" pomp and circumstance- hysterical at 6am

Smell: the smell of shampoo this morning as I tried desperately to wake up

Touch: the new Lillian August fabric samples...if my sofa felt like any of those, I'd be glued

Taste: the coffee cake from this morning



1 comment:

mo wask said...

the invigorating smell of shampoo... ah. it has woke my senses many a morning.