Saturday, May 27, 2006

Quitter

It's official...sort of. I have quit my job. I realized yesterday that I kept saying I was going to quit, but everyday I was saying things to myself like, "Come on, you can make it through the end of today." So, everyday I was trying to make it through the misery for one more day. I decided that wasn't a healthy way to go through life, and I promptly resigned. Talk about a shock to my boss.

I am about to join the ranks of the unemployed. I haven't even really made an effort to find another job, and I'm not in a huge hurry to find one. I was thinking about working at Starbucks, but they probably wouldn't just let me work from 10am-3pm, and I don't do early, and I don't want to work late. I sound very demanding. I just don't know what I want to do now, and this job has me pretty run down.

Now here I am. Twenty-six years old, retired. Ha! I think I'll spend some time playing with Otis the wonderdog and reading books and watering my garden. Then maybe I'll see about Starbucks or Barnes and Noble or something. We'll see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, had to reiterate how happy I am for you and how *proud* I am of you for standing up for and taking care of yourself. You should talk to Alice about Starbucks. I vaguely remember that when she started, she moved into management pretty quickly and then was able to be much pickier about her hours. Or look for a place that is similarly attractive to you, but with narrower hours of operation. Either way, it's only temporary. love, Sara

mo wask said...

had no idea you were in misery. so sorry.

die Frau said...

I did unemployment when I first moved back home and found a job just by calling temp agencies in the phone book. Got a very decent "administrative assistant" job with an incredibly nice guy, and it got me through to another job more in my field.

Long story short, don't despair! I'm sure you're incredibly qualified and so brave to take the risk! You're doing what you need to do for you...and you'll be happier, which is best for you (and your nice husband and marriage). The happier you are, the happier those around you will be. It's win-win. You did the right thing.