Saturday, May 06, 2006

Into the great wide open...

I don't really know why I'm venturing into the blogosphere. Maybe it's because I look at my friend's blog everyday, hoping to sneak a peek into what's going on with her life, which leads me to look at the blogs linked from her site- then the blogs linked on those sites. Wayward and down. Of course, all of those bloggers are people with children and interesting hobbies that would make people want to see what they are doing. I'm just rambling, but I want to be interesting, so I'll just type, and I'll see what happens. As if making the thoughts in my head a real visible stream of letters will somehow make the thoughts interesting...

It's Derby day, and we live in Lexington, so life is shut down for the day. At least we're not in Louisville where life really is shut down. My plan is to work on my garden today. Growing vegetables in the dirt is after all a major step on my mission to become Ouiser Boudreaux. I have already started two types of tomatoes, sweet basil, bibb lettuce, and cilantro from seed. I bought the yellow and green bell pepper plants. Cheater. I have constructed a planter to build a raised garden out of aluminum flashing and 2x2s. Of course, I have to make it stand up and hold dirt now. I wish I could just plant the stuff in the ground, but Otis the wonderdog would thwart my gardening efforts in a nanosecond if there wasn't some semblance of an impediment.

Of course, I'd also love to take a nap today, but it's gorgeous out, and I am sure that Otis would love to be outside in the yard with me and Marc for most of the afternoon.

I'm off to the garden now. Wish me luck...

No comments: