Monday, February 25, 2008

home skillet

I just laughed out loud at one line from MSN's Oscar recap. Allow me to share: "This is the Oscars, Home Skillet." It's not even important what the quotation refers to. The important thing is that somewhere out there, someone who gets paid to write actually typed "home skillet." It has cracked me up, and I feel certain that I will start overusing the how-white-are-you phrase immediately. I won't be able to help myself.

Beyond that, not much excitement here. S and I got home yesterday around lunchtime. We were supposed to be home Friday, but the trip was a complete pain in the rear and was dragged out a couple of extra days. I won't even bore you with the details. Besides, I'm not sure my blood pressure can handle a recap. I might blow a gasket.

Now that we're home, packing must resume. I started working more on the kitchen yesterday afternoon, and I hope to get the bathrooms finished up this evening (minus the very bare essentials, of course). S's room is the only room that is virtually untouched, but I have taken all of her pictures off the walls and all of the knick-knacks off the shelves. I haven't even begun to pack her dresser, though, and I am sure it will be one of the last projects I tackle. The guest room is still a disaster, too, and I am trying to decide if there's a way I can just burn it all without doing so much damage that the new owners would notice. Big, smoldering, gaping hole on the front of the house? No problem. That could work.

I'm punchy. Can you tell? Have a great Monday afternoon, peeps. I'm out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My pediatric nursing teacher was telling a story about how when they moved they packed up their 3 y/o's room last to keep his routine as normal as possible. Well, he interpreted that as him staying with the house while the rest of the family left him! Poor fella.

Sounds like though, S has some clues that she won't be left behind.

Cheers to the move. Sadness to see you leave.

die Frau said...

Keep the clothes in the dresser, take out the drawers, and put a few strips of packing tape over each one. Just a suggestion.

Also keep your chin up when realizing that 80% of the packing takes 20% of the time, and vice versa! And don't forget to keep a suitcase of clothes and toiletries out for yourself! When I moved, I had orientation the next day, so I had to keep a skirt and nice blouse on a hanger in the car.... Good luck!