Wednesday, February 06, 2008

ashes, ashes, we all fall down

So it's Ash Wednesday and no one in the P family is going to get drawn on at church. Oh, well. Church is a weird situation right now anyway. Neither of the services at church fits into S's schedule, and M and I aren't really pressing the issue as we are about to move, and there is no priest at the church right now, either, which somehow makes it easier to miss. We're heathens.

For the record, we'll be giving up our second home for Lent. Not really. We're not giving it up until the end of Lent, but that's all I've got. I'm already trying to eliminate everything frivolous from our lives for the environment and our health. There isn't much left to cut out. So, I'm giving up a house for Jesus. Surely that's enough. (How blasphemous is this post? I'm probably going straight to H-E-double hockey sticks for being sarcastic about Lent.)

Okay, I'm off to do something productive. Like continue my internet search for the perfect Barack Obama tee shirt. There are some great ones out there like "Barack, Paper, Scissors," "Barack the Vote," or "Have you had your Barack-oli today?", but I haven't found the one that screams, "OUISER!" just yet. And I can't find the really good "My Mama's for Obama" onesie that I found months ago. I'll just have to keep looking. This one may have to do.Happy Hump Day, peeps.

2 comments:

Sarah Berry said...

No worries - I picture God with a wicked sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

As an aside-heard on NPR about Clorox coming out with a "green" cleaing line called Greenworks. Envirofriendly?

cheers.