Thursday, March 01, 2007

Bake me a cake

We've reached a milestone. Today we have playgroup. Baby girl's first. Granted, the other kids are older and will actually play, but we're going just the same. I mean, there's brunch, people. I made a Blueberry Coffee Cake to take last night, and I can't wait to try it. If it's any good, I'll pass along the recipe. It looks yummy if that means anything.

I also made Banana Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins yesterday afternoon. Remember last week's banana rant? It happened again. I awoke yesterday morning to bananas that were all but black, and I just can't eat them when they're that mushy. Ick. Luckily, M had picked up some new bananas when he was out picking up diapers on Tuesday afternoon. I digress. Anyway, I tweaked a recipe that I found online because I am still searching for the perfect banana muffin recipe. I am afraid it will be a lifelong quest, but I may be onto something with this one. The muffins are yummy, and they were super easy. Here's the recipe as I made it:

BANANA-CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

1 egg, lightly beaten
2c baking mix
1c pureed bananas
1/3c brown sugar
1/3c milk chocolate chips
6T unsweetened applesauce

Grease 24 mini-muffin cups. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients well, and bake for 10 minutes (the muffins do not get brown, so do the toothpick test).

Notes: Mini chocolate chips would work better, but I didn't have enough. The recipe as I prepared it isn't very banana-ey, and the original recipe called for 1-1/4 cups of banana, but I ran out, so I made up the difference in applesauce. If you were using the full 1-1/4c of banana, cut back to 3T of applesauce. I used Heart Smart Bisquick. The recipe also makes more batter than 24 mini-muffins worth, but I didn't feel like digging out the other pan. Likely, it would make 28-30. Here's the original recipe (in case you are interested).

1 comment:

monkeymama said...

I hope you know that your domestic goddess lifestyle that you are depicting on your little blog make those of us slacker moms feel like poo! I have 3 kiddos and have trouble just feeding them a halfway nutritional meal!!!