Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Reaffirmation

Remember how I said I went through an "I heart Barefoot Contessa" phase? Remember how I said that I'd sort of gotten over it because I don't care for her show? I picked up a copy of Barefoot Contessa at Home yesterday, and the love affair is back on. I flagged the pages of all the recipes that I want to try, and a solid half of the book now has little blue Post-It flags adorning its pages. I'd held off on buying Barefoot in Paris, but now I think I just have to have it. Have to. Have to. Have to. One of the things that I love about this book is that there is more text to it. Little blurbs by Ina Garten. One talks about developing recipes and how she tweaks recipes from other places. Hello. That's what I do all the time. That's how I came up with my top-secret, world's best chocolate cake recipe. I'd tell you how I make it, but then I'd have to kill you. I'd rather ply you with chocolaty goodness.

Moving right along: tonight's dinner was one that I've mentioned before (pasta with sauteed grapes and onions and pesto). I made it up, and I suppose I should name it if I'm going to claim that it's a legitimate dish. Of course, I should also make notes about how much stuff I put into it, so I suppose I'll wait until I make it again to share.

Baby girl is starting to grump...sounds like time for the mom buffet to open for business.

No comments: