Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Strollin' in my 5.0

S is a person with wheels. I've just returned from Babies R Us with her travel system and extra car seat base. We can officially (and legally) bring her home from the hospital. Of course, based on my appointment this morning, we're not expecting her to debut quite yet. Everything still seems to be moving along well...she's growing at a good rate, she's turned the right way, and her heartbeat is still strong. All in all, I think she's a happy camper. She did not, however, like being poked at by the doctor. She spent a solid ten minutes wailing on my insides as hard as she could as soon as we left the office. I couldn't help but laugh. Somehow, we already think she inherited my pig-headedness. I just can't wait to see what she's like...not necessarily what she looks like (although I can't wait for that, either), but what her personality is like. It's just such an amazing thing...this little person is growing inside my belly, and she is going to have her very own personality. It's awesome.

In other baby news, the search for a diaper bag continues. There are lots of cute options (multiplied by about a billion when you add in purses that could be used as diaper bags) but very few of the options are "daddy-friendly." I don't want M to be embarrassed to go out alone with S because he has to carry some frou-frou diaper bag. At the same time, I don't want to carry around some hideous excuse for a bag, so I am looking for a happy medium. Any ideas or advice on choosing a diaper bag are welcome.

Other than that, we've officially moved into Christmas mode around here. The living room actually looks like Christmas vomited all over it, and that makes me laugh. We had to rearrange the furniture to fit the giant new tree in the room, and the new arrangement has Otis very frustrated. He can't get to the windows and his old route to the stairs is cut off. I'm sure he'll get used to it just in time for us to change everything back.

Happy Wednesday...

1 comment:

die Frau said...

Well, we all know Christmas is M's favorite holiday. I'm sure he was happy as a lark to hear the Christmas music start on November 15 on the radio stations.

Diaper bag...I'm sure you've already perused Target. You also might just look for a satchel with lots of pockets, not necessarily marked as a diaper bag but just as handy, like a business or school bag. That's what some of my friends have done.