Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Fall is falling

So last week's, "drive into fall" was a fluke as it warmed right back up the next day. It's been in the 70's all week. Of course, from what I've seen on the news, the entire country is essentially experiencing abnormally warm or cold temperatures right now. Go figure. A major cold front is supposed to plop down on top of us in the next day, and it seems to be rolling in already. The rain came in the middle of the night (I noticed it on pee-break #2 at 3am). Of course, the rainy conditions mean that Otis is bored as he isn't allowed to spend a lot of time outside when it's this wet...not to mention the fact that he refuses to go out while it's actually raining.

On the baby front, I am having one of those hormonally charged days, so everything makes me weepy. I've been watching some of the baby shows this morning, and the most adorable little "great grandparents" came to visit one of the babies. They were talking about how they've been married for 62 years and how excited they are about the new baby. It was adorable...all it did was make me think about how excited I am for my granddaddy to take S out for a tractor ride someday soon. I love watching my granddaddy with little kids. To be such a rough-and-tumble farmer, the RC is a softie under there. I love him, and I wish I got to see him more often.

I also haven't posted any of my favorite things lately, so here's a little something. Actually it's a lot of somethings as it's a loaded picture. I love my kitchen, and here's a corner of it. The counter is a little crowded right now with the cake plate being out, but you get the idea. The faves in the picture: my green cabinets, my lovely white dishes in neatly organized stacks, my glasses (not including the wine glasses that are tucked away in various homes), my pink mixer, my cake plate, and my dessert plate collection that lines the ceiling all the way around the room. I told you it was a loaded picture, but I really do love my kitchen. If it had an island and barstools, I'd likely never leave it.

1 comment:

monkeymama said...

love it!!!it is so you!!! they didn't make a pink mixer when I got my big ole kitchenaid. darn...