Saturday, January 16, 2010

so much to say.

Today, I feel like there are dozens of things floating around in my head, waiting to be word-vomited into the blogosphere, but I'm having trouble forming legitimately coherent thoughts. I'm hoping that the ideas that are floating will stick around because every time one pops up I think, "Oh, I should blog about that," but then I forget and can't remember exactly what I wanted to say.

I wanted to mention something about the delicious dinner that M and I had at Bound'ry last night. Stuffed Shrimp and Grits, Ostrich, Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake. Yum. And the wine I had was wonderful. And get this. On their dessert menu, they listed dessert beers. For real. I cannot make this up. It's a concept I've never come across, and I am totally intrigued. I did not, however, drink any dessert beer because I had already had two glasses of wine, and we still had to make it to the Schermerhorn.

Then there was the symphony. As we waited for the music to begin, we watched and listened to the musicians warming up, and I was awed by how devoted people can be to the arts. It's just lovely, and I hope that S will either be devoted to the arts or at least appreciate them. I can't imagine she'll grow up in this house and not love art, but just the same...

So, I decided not to blog about any of those things. (Wait. I just did.)

Scarlet Lily has posted about Mighty Girl's Life List. We don't have those, but I did ask M what he would wish for if he had three wishes. Of course he asked me the same, and I think it says something about us that we each only wished for realistic things. His wishes: a hitting partner, a job closer to home, and a study with a big, comfy chair in the corner. I wished for M to have a job closer to home, unlimited art supplies and books, and to travel (specifically to the places on our dream travel list). And that is that. The Ouisers are a pretty simple bunch. Just the way I like us.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I am always so incredibly relieved and impressed when parents devote time and effort to ensure that their children appreciate the arts. While schools cut music and art (and theatre!) it's more important than ever that kids grow up expecting and wanting the arts to have a role in their lives. Thank you!