Wednesday, July 22, 2009

so fun.

Ohdeedoh posted this. They mentioned that it would be a great little piece of luggage for a teen. Um. No. It would be a great little piece of luggage for me. Oh, I do want it. It is so choice.

Also, I mentioned it on FB, but I'll throw it out here, too. The Time Traveler's Wife. I do declare it may be the best "new" book I've read in years. Of course, I haven't cried that thoroughly in years, and my throat still hurts from it, but it was just lovely. If you haven't read it, you sincerely should. I do not, however, believe I'll be able to see the movie. I hate to cry, and I wouldn't be able to tolerate the gallons of snot and tears pouring out of me and all my fellow movie-goers.

Au revior, peeps.

6 comments:

VA said...

Have you read, SHADOW OF THE WIND, by Zafron? Oh, so good too.

The movie trailer looks awesome for THE TIME TRAVELLOR'S WIFE. I think it would be a hard one to translate to camera but I'll still be in line to see it.

Cheers! va

die Frau said...

LOVE that book. Love it. VA, I agree--I hope they can bring the book to life properly and I'l go see it. Just got to find another "chick" to go with me because I don't think T will go for it. I've also been meaning to read Shadow of the WInd for a while, so I'll go for it!

Unknown said...

I will not be able to see the movie, because I cannot imagine anything so rich on film as in my own imagination, and that book is just so special I couldn't possibly let someone else interpret it. Also, I LOVE the character Henry, and I think Eric Bana is very bland...
I also think it's one of the best things I've read in years.

Unknown said...

OH! And Orla Kiely rocks SO HARD...

Wonderland said...

I loved both Time Traveler's Wife and Shadow of the wind. If you haven't read Water for Elephants yet, go get it!

Wonderland said...

Oh, sorry for the double comment, but since you're a Potter fan, you should also read the Rick Riordan series - the first one's called The Lightening Thief. xoxox