Saturday, July 04, 2009

killing time

I'm sitting here, killing time before the beans go into the oven, and before I post about what I wanted to post about, allow me to mention that yesterday was as close to perfect as days can get. S, M, and I had a little alfresco breakfast. Fresh blueberry muffins, coffee, fruit, and the newspaper on the porch swings. The weather was divine, complete with a lovely breeze. We played. S danced on the sidewalk in a bathing suit and ballet slippers and pushed her baby stroller all around. At one point, she just sat down under a tree and talked to herself. It was lovely. Then we went to the store. Then, during S's nap, I laid on one of the porch swings and read some Harry Potter while M sat on the other swing working diligently because he's a workaholic. Really, he's just insanely busy and I forbid him to go to the office on July 3rd, 4th, or 5th. Then we had a lovely evening on Feathernester's back porch, and the only thing that would've made it better was if I could've gagged S because she would not stop whining. Other than that, a delicious day.

I digress...

...as I sit here killing time, I ran across this article. Then I had to follow the link to this one. It got me thinking about all of S's books and the ones that are our favorites, and I decided to share, but then I realized that it will have to wait. Know why? Because the rest of Team Ouiser is in the other room, and I'm going to be with my family. I hope you all do the same thing and have a wonderful 4th of July.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Wow. I just read this post to Greg and he said, "Was that from Southern Living?" I think we need to move to DC! It sounds like a wonderful place!