Saturday, June 30, 2007

Busy as bees

Today was a crazy hectic day for the P family. M had to get his haircut this morning, so that was first up. He likes to be at the barber shop when it opens at 8am. 8:05 means you're waiting at least a half an hour. He didn't have time to wait this morning. I needed him home to watch the baby so I could finish cooking for and get ready for a baby shower that I hosted this morning. There was a lot to get done by 11am, but we succeeded in getting everything and everyone ready and the girl down for a nap before the first guest arrived. Of course, getting M ready consisted of getting him and Otis out the door. They went and worked on M's daddy's house during the par-tay. The shower went well. It was a storytime shower...meaning everyone brought books. Angie (the prego) has a lot of family and a lot of friends, so she already has most everything she needs. This shower was mostly just for fun stuff. Like books. She got lots of good ones. I hope her baby likes reading. The shower also gave me a valid excuse for using a lot of old china and crystal and sterling. Not that I need an excuse.
It's a day ending in "y"? Okay, we'll eat off the Limoges tonight, dear
.

God, I love dishes. I get it from my aunt Melanie. She made me this way. Blame her.
After the shower, baby girl took part in her first parade. Our neighborhood has a 4th of July parade every year. All the kids decorate their bikes and wagons and follow a fire truck the half mile around the park. It's a big to-do for about 7 minutes. There are games and snacks in the park afterward, but S needed a nap, so we just did the parade part. And we even missed half of that. Oh well, she got some red, white (okay, silver), and blue star balloons. And we got pictures. It was great. Then...we went to M's dad's house to do some more work. It's amazing how big of a mess is made by putting down new carpet. Lots of vacuuming to do. Lots. And we have to paint the newly remodeled bathroom now that I finally got the carpenter to finish and get out. Now baby girl is attempting to get to sleep while M is back at his dad's spackling a couple of holes and headed to our friends' house to feed their dogs.

I'm telling you, we are busy bees today. I doubt tomorrow will be much better. Happy Saturday, folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful picture of you and Baby Girl! ~Alice