Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Where to begin??

Teeth. Baby girl needs to get the show on the road and just cut those chompers. She randomly bursts into these mini screaming fits, which continue until she finds something to gnaw on. My finger is her favorite, and I can attest to the fact that she's got some mighty muscles in those jaws. Ouch. I'm hoping that she gets a tooth before her check-up on Friday. Don't ask me why, I'd just like to show up with a baby with a tooth.

Speaking of her appointment, we're taking bets on how much she'll weigh. Winner gets the satisfaction of knowing they won the bet. I'm just hoping that she comes in at under 22 pounds because that's all her carseat is safety rated for, and I'd hate to feel like I'm endangering the munchkin every time we get in the car.


Moving on to food. This week has been better. I got my mojo back.

Sunday morning I made orange biscuits. I always hate those sticky, sugary orange rolls, but I wanted something fruity, so I made them up. They were very good, and if anyone wants the Ouiser-invented recipe, let me know. Since then, I've made veggie lo mein, risi e bisi (risotto with peas), veggie fajitas, and lemon squares. I love food. Love.


Lastly, I'm headed to the salon this evening. I've had all the "I have enough hair for pigtails" that I can handle. Kiss it goodbye because it will all be in a pile in a few short hours. I feel lighter already.

I'm off to feed the girl. She's done with napping, and I can hear her playing with Spike the Dinosaur.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't make a prego beg... i want the orange biscuit recipe! :-)

monkeymama said...

just wait til that tooth comes in and she bites you on her favorite boob!


btw- that recipe looks good-what is it?

Sarah Berry said...

Oh my gosh, I love drastic haircuts! And you look SO amazing with short hair, I must see pictures!!

Also dying for that super yummy-looking lo mein recipe. Send along!