Saturday, June 02, 2007

What is the deal?

I just can't seem to find time to post these days. I suppose having a baby that's getting more interested in playing and going outside and less interested in napping means I'm about to have a lot less free time. I can deal with that. She's just so fun and funny right now. I love this baby.

Not baby related...I've been meaning to post about all the yummy food we've been eating lately. Just haven't made it to the computer. I made panzanella for the first time this week. It was very yummy...M devoured enough of it to feed six people. I count that as a success. This week I'm going to try Ina's Brown rice, tomato, and basil. I can't wait.

I've also got a peach and blueberry cobbler in the oven as I type. I'll let you know how that one turns out. It's a Paula Deen recipe. I'm not her biggest fan- mostly because I think her nickname should be "The Heart Attack Lady." Why do I think this? Example number one: she referred to lasagna as a late night snack on a recent episode. Peeps, lasagna is one of the most calorie-laden meals I can think of...it does not qualify as a snack. Example number two: I saw her deep fry chocolate pound cake last night. Then she topped it with whipped cream. And chocolate syrup. And powdered sugar. It started with pound cake. By definition, pound cake is indulgent- deep frying it makes it downright sinful (don't misunderstand, I love me some pound cake) . I fear that if I was a big Paula Deen fan I'd be a big Paula Deen fan in a very literal sense. Of course, I do love a good southern accent, and hers is so thick I pretty much think she lays it on for effect. It could be worse...she could be Sandra Lee. Gag me with a spoon.

I'm off to finish getting ready for the big cookout tonight. Here's a pic of the girl to tide you all over until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't stand Sandra Lee. Everything about that woman and her matching kitchens makes me gag. I know what you mean about Paula, too. Did you see the one where they deep fried butter? That's just not right. Love this pic of S! So precious!

Anonymous said...

My entire family loathes Sandra Lee. Also, we think she's a crazy alcoholic.
Your food sounds delicious!