Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Absolutely nothing interesting

Life seemed pretty normal today. Of course, I am basing that solely on the fact that we were home and not catching up on laundry. The laundry is all caught up. Sort of. Diapers are washed. Thursday is sheets and towels day.

M's daddy's new sofa and chair were delivered this morning, which got S and I out of the house earlier than usual. The jump start also meant I left the house without my gym bag, so another day of being a lazy bum ensued. I did, however, order my new contacts, shop for a new dress for my upcoming reunion (no luck though), pick up the Rock-A-Bye Baby Beatles CD I've been wanting for baby girl (along with a copy of The Little Red Hen), and order some books that M needs for a seminar at work.

And I washed those diapers.

And made homemade brownies from a new recipe. I fear that I will eat the entire pan by noon tomorrow. They are yummy. Probably has something to do with the fact that I actually used two sticks of butter instead of substituting applesauce.

As for baby girl, she is cracking me up. She's figured out how to roll both ways, although the front to back roll is more of a flop. It's awesome to watch. Bedtime also went better tonight. Kind of. We went through the after-dinner walk, naked time, bath time, and nursing routine as usual, and the little munchkin just didn't want to go to sleep. She wasn't fussy at all. She just wanted to be awake. I very matter-of-factly told her that it was time for her to go to sleep and that I loved her. I kissed her goodnight and popped her into the crib. She immediately picked her head up, looked at me, and started wailing. She cried for 20 minutes and finally went to sleep. That's the first time she's actually done that. We've always set 20 minutes as our time limit for going in and trying to chill her out. We've always had to go back into her room before, so this was a nice change. Hopefully, we're getting there. Hopefully, she'll become a champion bedtimer like K was when he was little. Fingers crossed.

No comments: