Thursday, June 07, 2007

Oh the frustration

Dinner was not as fabulous as hoped. I fear I'm losing my mojo.

I've never been the hugest fan of lemon on fish, so I should've shied away from Martha Stewart's trout recipe, which called for flavoring the trout with lemon. Alas, I thought I may like it this time, and M loves lemon on fish, so I went for it. Issues: the fish was too lemony. The fish was really too thin to be fried...it turned into a lemony, fishy piece of leather. The grilled veggies were good though. I basically chopped up everything I had in the kitchen- a green pepper, a red pepper, a vidalia onion, a zucchini, and a yellow squash. I drizzled the whole shebang with olive oil and seasoned it with salt and pepper. M decided that despite being a full-fledged grown up, he still doesn't like zucchini and squash. Dang it. He ate all the peppers out of the mix. I took care of the remainder.

Tonight, I think I'll stick to an old standby that I've neglected to make in over a year. Puffed Pear Pancake. So yummy.


Other than that, M and I have back-to-back dentist appointments this morning. S and I will set off across town in about an hour. Loads of fun. I haven't been to the dentist in over a year. I couldn't bear the thought of it while I was preggers. Hopefully, I won't have a head full of cavities to show for it. Fingers crossed, people.


I've got to go wash some diapers.

1 comment:

Sarah Berry said...

So many comments, where do I start...

Sorry about the dinners, B. and I cook a lot and it's always a total bummer when you have two nights in a row of misses. And it sounds like you're making progress with the husband/vegetables situation, it sounds like he used to eat *none*.

What the heck is a Puffed Pear Pancake??!!?? Definitely a Southern thing I'm assuming :)

Good luck at the dentist - I actually haven't been in several years due to a lack of health insurance, so I'm sure when I go I will have tons of icky cavities. Probably why I'm scared to make the appt!