Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Socially-conscious baby

After making the "Give Peas a Chance" painting, the Lorax drawing, and the drawing with a Martin Luther King, Jr. quotation for baby girl's room, I held off on some other things I wanted to make. Why? I didn't want to have a little "activist baby" room. I also (being the oddly over-thinking person I am) didn't want to force issues on her from birth. You know: be an environmentalist or else...

I realize that at 13 days old, she has no concept of what I'm talking about.

Either way, she flashed her first peace sign this morning. Sort of. I wanted to share it with all. I'm such a proud mama. I'll still hold off on looking for a "Make love, not war" onesie. That might be taking it too far. Plus, her father would have a heart attack.

2 comments:

monkeymama said...

you never know how they are going to turn out. Remember God did equipt her with free will. She could(God forbid for your sake) turn out to be a conservative. Maybe I could send her a George W onesie. I would have to delight in that. BTW- the poopage issues...go with huggies. With the girls, we used ultratrims and with the little man(who turned 3 Sunday), we went with the supremes. that's my two cents worth.

Melanie had her baby today. Mom and wee man are doing fine. She said that if they have any more kids, they would take "all the Chinese babies that were for adoption" instead of giving birth to any other child. HEE HEE

feather nester said...

Oh, please, she'll be the only kid to go through a rebellious conservative streak in adolescence. Then she'll recover and put her green hat back on. I say hunt down that onesie!