Thursday, February 15, 2007

I love the wildlife

Get it? Like "I love the nightlife?" Here's baby girl sporting her gecko onesie. It was given to her as a bit of a joke. As in, "We ordered too many of these silly things and can't get rid of them." In addition to sporting the finest in baby reptile wear, she also wore her hat with bear ears today as we ventured out into the frozen tundra that is Lexington once again.

Speaking of our outing...we went to Sam's to stock up on some essentials, and I was berated by the cashier for having my baby out. Not because of the 20 degree temperatures, but because of the rampant germs. The germs? Please. There are always going to be germs in public places. What am I supposed to do, raise a bubble girl? No thank you. We need to be out and about. The P women are social.

Last but not least- in my infinite reading time, I ran across a most disturbing recipe this morning in
Southern Living. It was a recipe for Chocolate Chimichangas with Raspberry Sauce. Sounds yummy, right? Wrong. It's a candy bar wrapped in a flour tortilla and fried. Gross. Firstly, candy bars used in recipes never seem to melt properly, assuming this bizarre half-melted state. Secondly, fried candy bars and the like are fair food. Making and eating something like that at home is like asking for a heart attack. I'll pass. I recommend we all pass on this one.

1 comment:

die Frau said...

Little babies wearing hats with ears are the cutest creatures EVER. One year I saw a baby wearing a full-on bee costume for Halloween...held by a student who also happened to be wearing a bee costume. Adorable.

It's not as if you rubbed S's face on a toilet seat. Like you're a neglectful, germ-loving mom.