Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A sense of accomplishment

So today went a little better on the "To-do list" front. I showered and dried my hair, dressed baby girl, and out we went. We went to Target (where I purchased a pair of jeans that will promptly be returned), and we went to meet the girls from mommy swim class. I also managed to do two loads of laundry today. I'm feeling good about life. Of course, S made it easy by snoozing most of the day either in the Baby Bjorn or on the bed. In fact, I was pretty impressed with myself when I actually managed to make dinner with her strapped to my chest. All in all, it was a good day for the P women.

Speaking of the P women, this one is beginning to think the extensive magazine-reading time I suddenly have (what else am I going to do while breastfeeding??) is dangerous. I've spent the last ten months ignoring all things fashion related because I was as big as a house. Now that I'm returning to a somewhat normal shape, I want to buy, buy, buy. Not just clothes, either. Furniture, bedding, cookbooks, you name it. In fact, there was a great little snippet about mixing floral patterns in
Real Simple this month, and the front pic from the section has the most awesome orange floral chair EVER! Unfortunately, I can't find it online. I suppose you'd have to check out the actual magazine to see it. The article also showcased some pieces from Pine Cone Hill, which is a brand we carried at the store. I forgot how much I loved all of the bright colors and patterns. Check out the pink iron bed on the front of their website. I'd love to have it in my guest room!!

No comments: