Friday, September 08, 2006

When a spade isn't a spade

So it turns out the backache has nothing to do with my back. I noticed that the pain wasn't anywhere near where anyone/book/website said it should be, so I did some sleuthing. Go figure, it's right where my right kidney lives, and I had several other symptoms that seemed completely normal because I'm preggers. I have some UTI/kidney infection type of malady, so now I'm taking anti-infection pills that look like bumble bees. Wonderful. No major cause of concern, but I still don't want any infections swimming around in there near my baby!

Other than that, Otis has gone into "holy terror" mode this week. He has decided that he doesn't want to go to his kennel when we leave the house- he wants to go with us. Anytime the door to the garage gets opened, he runs out and tries to get in the car. He also steadfastly refuses to go to his kennel all the other times he is supposed to- except when we're eating, he still does that. He's getting into trash, into the kitchen sink, trying to eat dishtowels, you name it. I don't know what's gotten into him, but I want to flick him on the nose because I'm so frustrated with him. There's an electrician here now, and I had to put Otis outside because I couldn't get him into his kennel. Aaaaaggghhhh!

On the crib bedding front, I did go to one fabric store the other day, but I really only found one pattern that I liked at all, and I have a feeling that M would not like it...so I'll try to look some more this weekend. Like I said before, I don't know why I care so much- the baby is just going to ruin her bedding anyway. We'll see what happens with this situation...

Five Senses Friday:

Sight: Do I have to say it? Seeing our baby!! (I should be able to post pics tomorrow.)

Sound: It's a toss up: "Her heart looks great," "Her stomach looks great," "It's a girl." Too many to choose from this week!

Smell: Vegetable soup cooking the other day (unfortunately, the smell was misleading- it tasted pretty bland)

Touch: Baby girl kicking away...and M getting to feel it

Taste: peanut butter and apples and milk

No comments: