Monday, September 11, 2006

Oh the frustration

For someone who really, truly, legitimately does not want to be high maintenance when it comes to her baby, I am completely STRESSED OUT over the nursery. M and I went to Baby Depot, Babies R Us, and Target this weekend to look at nursery stuff. I found some bedding at Target that I like, so we bought it. Go figure, it's green...not pink like a girl, but green. I only really went for it because the green will actually look really good mixed with pink. I am still seriously in doubt about our purchase, and I cannot figure out why this decision has me so up in a wad. After we bought the bedding, we went to Lowe's to look at paint colors, and I picked out a bunch of colors that I hated as soon as we got the paint samples outside in actual light. For the record, the bedding has elephants on it, which is not to imply (in any way) loyalty to any political party or SEC football team...just to clarify.


My sister-in-law gave me a couple of catalogs with baby bedding in them when we went to visit her yesterday (thank you again for everything!!). Pottery Barn kids has some insanely cute stuff, but I just can't justify spending so much money for crib bedding. Someone please slap me back into sanity!


Aside from stressing about the nursery, I was inspired by the Beef to actually do the Yoga Mama video that we bought ages ago. I haven't been dizzy for awhile, and I felt pretty good this morning, so me and the mini-me busted out the yoga mat. As in all yoga videos, there is a relaxation pose at the end, and the baby started going nuts...like she was saying, "hey, mom, I'm not ready for the relaxation pose yet, let's do downward-facing-dog again!" She continued to practice her own yoga poses for a solid hour after I was done.

No comments: