- This morning, when we dropped Otis off at the groomer, S started bawling as we walked back to the car. When I asked her what was wrong, she looked up at me with the saddest eyes I've ever seen, and said, "he stole our dog."
- On the way to our playdate, after explaining the the two-year-old that no one stole Otis, he was only getting a haircut, she explained to me that, "he will miss me a lot. He loves me the best." (Sure he does, kid. I'm the one that feeds him, you know. All you do is step on his tail.)
- According to S, Otis is the "best dog she ever saw in the entire world." She also loves my brother the best she's ever seen in the entire world. And she loves M the best she's ever seen in the entire world. She loves her some hyperbole.
- She woke up screaming bloody murder last night because we'd forgotten to put Princess Pinky (her hot pink, tie-dyed teddy bear that now wears a tutu- but not to bed because, "you can't wear a tutu to bed, mom.") into the bed with her. When she got calmed down and I returned Princess Pinky to her rightful place, second position to the left of S, she told me to have good dreams.
- She thanked me for giving her a time out at our playdate today.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
more of the same
My daughter continues to entertain me. I guess it's the new routine.