Monday, June 22, 2009

the time has come.

This week.

It's here.

It's been looming on the horizon for a good long while, and now it's here. Firefly is this weekend. I am really, really looking forward to it, while simultaneously praying that the heat slacks off a bit. Four days outside in 90+ temps does not sound great. Mid 80s sounds good, not mid 90s.

Temperature aside, because I really have zero control over it, the week is shaping up to be a doozy. M leaves for Iowa in the morning, so I'll be a single parent until Friday, the first day of the festival. Mel is out of town until Wednesday, which means my built-in, "I need you to watch S for 20 minutes" babysitter is gone, and she took the girls with her, which means I'll likely have to spring S on Feathernester occasionally this week...just a heads up. I'll be taking S with me to my granddaddy's eye appointment this morning, so we might be starting off in the hole. Like I said, it's going to be a doozy.

My goal is to keep everything as normal and laid back as possible until Thursday. I am challenging myself to 3 days of normalcy. Three days of calm before the storm. We'll see if I can pull it off. The reward will be seeing S's face at the Farmer Jason concert Friday night...and hopefully some new art for the bedroom and a firepit for the backyard. Those are pretty good rewards...

No comments: