Monday, June 15, 2009

one down.

One of the big June projects is mostly done. There are still a few random auction items in my possession, but I have at least spoken to all the winners now, and I am certain that my house will be a Relay-for-Life-free zone by Thursday. I feel confident about that. Either way, I'm calling it a success, and I'm calling it done.

Our little team raised another $3500 Friday night, so that puts us over $5000. Though it's no "Colgate Class of 1959" amount, I am really, really pleased with the total. Here are a few pics from the evening.

L...doing Lord-knows-what.
The giant cherry coke that kept me going...

Perfect, and I mean perfect, weather.

Oh, and for those of you who enjoyed (and by "enjoyed," I mean "fell in love with") Saranac's Summer Brew at reunion, M and I have done some experimenting with lemonade and lager. While attempting the mixture ourselves yielded the right taste, it screwed up the bubbles. However, last night I picked up Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, and it's pretty dang good. Of course, if you have access to the Saranac, I'd choose that any day of the week.

3 comments:

die Frau said...

Congrats! Be so proud! And I love all of the pictures, for very different reasons.

mo wask said...

we've got some of the brew here in NC... another carrot to throw out in hopes you guys will get in your 'brid and drive east!

Unknown said...

Hot pink sunsets? Ahhh.... Here it's actually cold and rainy :(

I will purchase myself a 6-er of the Saranac and drink it in loving memory of Barb :)