Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"i see dead people"

Oh, Dennis Kucinich, you make me laugh. They actually asked him if he's seen a UFO during a presidential debate. Then he actually said, "yes." Of course, he tried to explain that he couldn't identify what he saw, which made it technically an unidentified flying object. At that point, the laughter coming from the Philly crowd was deafening, so I may be the only person in America who saw on his face that he was trying to be funny and cerebral and a good sport about being asked such an insanely irrelevant question. The whole situation prompted Chris Matthews to ask why Kucinich wants to ruin his chances of ever becoming president, declaring that he may as well have said he sees dead people. So, I'm not sure if it's more that Kucinich wants to shoot himself in the foot or that he's just such an easy target. Then again, the man made Shirley Maclaine his daughter's godmother, so it's really a toss up. Moving right along...

The way this day is going, if I don't have a massive panic attack before bed, I'll be surprised. S refused to take her morning nap. Blatantly refused. After an hour, she finally started to settle down, so I jumped in the shower. Then, someone came to the door, ringing the doorbell like a fifth grade moron, prompting Otis to go absolutely ape. So, Otis was howling and barking, S started screaming for all she was worth, and I was standing in the shower with shampoo running into my eyes, wondering what I ever did to deserve such chaos. I finished rinsing my hair, jumped out of the shower, and ran downstairs in a robe. Whoever was there was gone, but Otis was still all fired up. I didn't bother getting back in the shower as I couldn't stand to hear S scream any longer. She's been a grumpus ever since, and she has just fallen asleep. Thank God for small favors, right? So, now I'm trying to start digging out all of the stuff we need for the weekend and get the house cleaned and get the laundry done and not have a breakdown, and I'm sure I'm wasting precious minutes by blogging. I don't care.

Oh, now I remember the other thing I wanted to rant about. Halloween costumes. M and I were driving past a Halloween store the other day and there was a girl standing on the corner with a sign for the store. She was dressed as a devil. Not a regular devil, though. A sexy devil. This girl, who didn't look a day over 18, was standing on a busy street corner in broad daylight in a red garter belt and boots and not much else. I nearly choked. Can you imagine some day down the road if that was your daughter? Oh. Snap. I'd drag her into the car by her hair. It's one thing to be dressed up on Halloween or for a party, but this was too much. What else is too much? I'm so sick of all this sexy costuming. Why does every single women's costume have to make you look slutty? Slutty nun. Slutty nurse. Slutty slut. It's too much. People, put on some clothes. It's October. You'll catch pneumonia. I am such an old lady...just put me in my zip-up flannel nightgown and slippers now. I cannot deal today...

I have to go. Happy Halloween, my ghouls. I promise a pic of S all dressed up tomorrow.

4 comments:

Sarah Berry said...

Someone told me years ago that Halloween was just an excuse for girls/women to dress a slutty as possible, and boy were they right! You'll be pleased as punch to know that my dreadful costume for tonight's house party is an 80s workout girl. As I said to Feather Nester, I can't believe I *volunteered* to look that unattractive!! Pics on the blog tonight or tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

Slutty Slut! HA! It's true. i bought an angel costume - the dress was so short that I decided I HAD to wear jeans underneath it, lest everyone become acquainted with my... well, I'm too ladylike to tell. Anyway, I agree - there's too much trashiness!

die Frau said...

Was it your hoo hoo, Les?

We had to tell a few sexy french maids to go change. Come on, to school? But that will get me started on, oh, everything else they wear.... My friend Cindy said she took her 12 year-old niece shopping and could find NOTHING that wasn't Tramp Central. Do we have to make EVERYTHING about sex?

And doesn't that say a lot, that the intelligent candidates are so rarely the ones chosen because most of the general public misunderstand them?

Anonymous said...

looks like a slutty broom up there...hypocrites.
-lil e-