Friday, October 26, 2007

honey, i shrunk the kid

Our girl is shrinking. SHRINKING! S turned nine months old yesterday, and had her check-up today. It was the first time she's been weighed and measured since her six-month check-up. She's about 21-1/2 pounds and 29 inches now. While that's no small kiddo, she's shrunk from the 99th percentile in both categories to the 88th for weight and the 91st for length. Like I said, she's shrinking. At first, I was worried. Then I realized that I don't likely want my child to remain in the 99th percentile for either weight or height for her entire life lest she have to join the circus for employment. So, she's healthy and growing, and I'm happy.

She also got her first flu shot today, and she had blood drawn to check her iron levels. She was such a trooper that she didn't cry during the shot or during the finger prick...and we all know those finger pricks hurt. Of course, she wailed when I took the band aid off her finger. I suppose I can't expect her to be tough about everything.

Alright, I leave you with a shot of her nine-month birthday cake...or her three-quarters of a year three-quarter cake. Dark chocolate fudge cake with chocolate ganache, if you're wondering. Have a great weekend.FIVE SENSES FRIDAY
sight: the top tooth that's about to pop through
sound: S's super loud lentil poots
smell: Aveeno baby wash
touch: S smothering my face with her mouth (I think it's supposed to be a kiss)
taste: grilled hamburgers and sweet potato oven fries; s's cake (with about three glasses of milk)

1 comment:

feather nester said...

Mmmmm, that cake looks delicious! Happy 9 mos to the wee one!

88th percentile, huh? So saying "Stella sure" around here doesn't mean what it used to. :)

I had a dream last night that my baby was born weighing 9 lbs, which would have been big enough, but also 29 inches. Let's hope there's nothing to that.