- I love the feeling of having a heavy coffee cup in my hand with my fingers wrapped through the handle. Oddly, I don't really like coffee, but holding the cup makes me happy.
- I am currently reading The Geography of Bliss and it is one of the best books I've ever read. I love, love, love it.
- Scarlet Lily sent me a fascinating email yesterday with some insight into my compulsive behavior. I can't wait to talk to her about it because, more than her theory, it has me contemplating the nature v. nurture question. I can be lost for days in that one.
- Our washing machine crapped out yesterday and flooded the mudroom and a bit of the bathroom. It will be fixed Thursday. I don't really care. (Except I do care about the mountain of wet towels that need to be washed lest they mildew and removing mildew smell when you only use unscented cleaners is difficult.)
- When I made and froze pesto at the end of the summer, I forgot to add salt to one batch. I used some of it last night, and it was not the best culinary experience I've ever had.
- The nasty frozen rain outside caused S's Kindermusik class to be canceled, and I am bummed because I was looking forward to her excitement when I told her she'd get to see "Ms. Kelli and friends" today.
- Feathernester and I ventured into Nashville to see Twilight Sunday evening. She made the most hysterical observation that I've heard recently, and I have laughed about it every couple of hours since. She mentioned that Robert Pattinson is way hotter when he "moves and talks." As opposed to what? (She meant than in pictures, but it's funny to me just the same.)
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I don't really have the energy to relive S's fantastic birthday weekend right now. I'm waiting for inspiration on that one. Instead, some tidbits that are all unrelated.