Sunday, September 14, 2008

greetings from the sunshine state

Did I mention that the Ouisers were going to Florida? In all the hullaballoo that was my ranting this past week, I think I forgot to mention it. Either way, the Ouisers are in Florida. We decided to head south to volunteer for the Obama campaign. It's a battleground state you know.

Did you believe that? We're actually just on vacation, but I will gladly keep my Obama button on display. I'm a little peeved that my car magnet didn't arrive in time for the drive. I guess there's a pretty high demand for Obama/Biden merchandise.

We left this morning at 2am. We thought S would fall straight back to sleep when we put her in the car. No dice. She woke up as we strapped her into her seat, and she decided that something exciting must be happening...a Ouiser adventure, if you will. She stayed awake, singing and dancing to the Mary Poppins soundtrack for two whole hours. Then she slept for a couple of hours. She was awake for the last four hours, but she was a trooper. We borrowed a DVD player from my sisters, and that kept her pretty well occupied once the novelty of all of her books was exhausted.

Now we're here, safely in our adorbale little cottage. I'll post pictures later. We'll be taking the munchkin to the beach for the first time in about an hour. We decided to let it cool off a little before we head out. I'm not sure what I'm more excited about...seeing her reaction to the beach or seeing her round tummy and her swim diaper hanging out of her string bikini. I'm counting the minutes, peeps.

Until next time...

1 comment:

feather nester said...

Glad you got there safe and sound! Can't wait to see pics.