Friday, September 21, 2007

further up and further in

I just finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia to S. It's taken almost two months to finish the whole shebang, reading a bit at a time as she plays before naptime and bedtime. I had forgotten how much I love the end. Most of The Last Battle makes me so sad, but then the ending comes and it makes me so happy. It's almost exactly what you would hope for, you know? Well, if you haven't read it, you don't know what I'm talking about. If that's the case, I recommend reading it. It's just lovely.

It makes what I read last night in Newsweek seem that much more absurd. Yoga for Christians. Even my right-wing Evangelical buddy (that's right, there is exactly one of you) has to admit this is ridiculous. Yoga as blasphemy? Whatever. Follow that link and read the article so you can laugh out loud. I mean, wow.

S and I are actually headed to church today (this is a very "jesus-y" post, eh?). They're having a big children's consignment sale and I volunteered to help. I'm actually not sure how much help I'll be as I'll be lugging S around, but we'll try. Besides, we can't even stay for a whole shift, as we are technically signed up for 10:30-3. We'll only be helping during the time between her naps, which means we'll show up at least an hour late and we'll leave at least an hour early. I already let them know that and I think they thought I was insane for even offering to come out at all. I try (to help, not to be insane).

please note that S, the bear, and the turtle all sleep in the same position

FIVE SENSES FRIDAY
Sight: really, really perfect red color of diced tomatoes; naked baby buns in the crib
Sound: Ray LaMontagne's "Jolene"
Smell: lentil-sausage soup, lavender
Touch: cold ice cream with warm apples, cool air in the mornings
Taste: the soup, scallops in butter and parsley, Naked juice

1 comment:

monkeymama said...

no time at the moment to read the article, but I couldn't help myself to answer "present" to being here(just like in grade school). I just wanted to let you know that the Evangelical conservative is in house

Holla!!

BTW- the Mphs mayoral and city council elections are so funny. YOu have to duck to miss all the mud that is flying.

Have a great day, HIPPIES!!!