Tuesday, November 08, 2011

home again, home again.

The Ouisers are home, and to make up for all the recent activity, I'm pretty sure we won't leave the house for a week or so.

We had the best trip ever. Chicago has been our only trip so far as a family of four, and this trip was so, so much better. We just relaxed, and M and I both needed it. M's aunt and uncle made the whole thing so amazing. I didn't have to do anything or decide anything (other than what to order for dinner) for five days. For someone who is a control freak, thinking that I would hand over the reins was daunting, but I loved it more than I ever would've imagined.

We swam. We went to Disney on Friday. We went to a local butterfly garden on Saturday. We swam again on Sunday. We sat and talked and ate and enjoyed being in the company of family. I sincerely couldn't have asked for a better trip.
M with Aunt S.
S literally squealed with excitement when we saw a show in front of Cinderella's castle. M literally teared up from the pain of having a squirming, 60 pound girl on his shoulders for 15 minutes.
On the carousel. I rode sidesaddle as I was wearing a dress. It was pretty impressive.
Polka Dot the butterfly.
The little man loved the water.

1 comment:

Sarah Berry said...

Oh my goodness, I could not love that first picture more!!! I also couldn't be happier to hear that the trip was great - horray!!