Thursday, January 10, 2008

art vomit

My friend P's blog has a great title. This mosaic. I was just thinking about it and how brilliant it is and how life is a big mosaic of all of your loves and experiences and whatnot. Life is art. What a lovely thought. My life, however, would be quite a disastrous work of art right now. It would look like Picasso and Dali upchucked on canvas and then let Jackson Pollack do his thing with the results. Not a pretty picture.

Things just seem so insane right now, but nothing is actually happening. It's a "hurry up and wait" situation. There is so much on the horizon but instead of moving toward the horizon, I feel like we're stuck on a hamster wheel. Cruel, cruel hamster wheel. I think several of you picked up on the fact that the P family is getting ready to make a move. We've bought a house in my hometown, and our house here is on the market. So, we have this fabulously remodeled old bungalow down in Tennessee, waiting for us to fill it up. We have a house here that we need to sell, and M and I are nervous wrecks about it. I'm not sure we could've picked a worse time to try to sell a house...stupid housing bust. M will transfer to Nashville with his current company, so while things will be the same, they'll be really different for him, which adds to the great unknown. (Speaking of unknowns, we have no move date.) Those are the big things.

The devil is in the details, though. Anyone out there have a house on the market recently? Wouldn't be a problem if it were just me and M, but throw Otis and S into the mix, and it's suddenly way harder to keep the house in pristine shape. Plus, I'm constantly on edge about the realtor calling and having to get out of the house with the baby and the pooch at a moment's notice. Of course, that hasn't happened, and that, in and of itself, is worrisome. Where are all the people who should be beating down my door to buy my adorable house in the perfect little neighborhood? Plus, there was a leak in the new house that is being fixed, and we're working on having a garage and storage built, and at some point I have to shop for appliances, and I'm dizzy just thinking about it. Oh, and we're buying a condo for Mr. P, too. I swear I'm about to run out of steam.

I'll quit belly-aching now. I have to go find the second elephant from S's Noah's Ark. I think she left it in the car, and I am way too anal retentive to have something like that missing in action. I'm off to hunt me some elephant. Have a nice Thursday, peeps. Enjoy the new 30 Rock tonight.

No comments: