What a fantastic day. It's really quite fabulous outside, and M and I have been able to spend the whole day together- running errands and just being "us." There aren't a lot of days that allow for that, and I really, really love the ones that do. We watched the ladies' finals of Wimbledon this morning- both grimacing at Henin-Hardenne's inability to finish what she started. We grabbed lunch, took an entire carload of clothing, a TV, an old mirror, and some very fancy shoes to Goodwill, bought a new wireless mouse for the new computer, and M had some ice cream. Of course, the entire day has consisted of one of us laughing at the other one, which is par for the course with us and my absolute favorite thing about our relationship. I love that my husband makes me laugh- even when he's bothering me or when I'm in a bad mood. He is wonderful like that.
So, here is an embarrasing list of five things I love about my husband:
1. He is the kindest, most genuine person I have ever met.
2. Kids and dogs flock to him, and I take that as a good sign about his character.
3. He is very tall. (I realize this is completely superficial, but I am very short, which means that I appreciate height more than the average person.)
4. He is unflinchingly loyal.
5. He always grabs my hand when we cross streets or parking lots and makes sure that no moving vehicle can get near me. Of course, when we have kids, will he protect me or protect the kids? Either way, I think it will still be adorably sweet.
There you have it, my embarrasing list. I should make a list of five things that I love about everyone I know- you know, just to remind myself of what I love about my friends and family...