Friday, March 27, 2009

the round-up

Okay. I made some delish cinnamon rolls. It's been on my to-do list for awhile. That is, finding a friggin' to-die-for recipe has been on my list. I've been working on it in spells for over a year. My trouble was that the bread part of the recipes was never good enough. Never. Not even close. I was having a lot more success making cinnamon roll biscuits, but it still wasn't right. Then, ta-da. I was inspired by Blue Yonder to just use a good bread recipe. So I did. I was making Ina Garten's Honey White Bread last night (from Barefoot Contessa At Home), and I decided to use half the recipe to try cinnamon rolls to take to Carole's this weekend. Lucky for me, there were a few that didn't fit into the pie plate to freeze, so I popped them into ramekins and baked them this morning. I am a happy mama. The kind of happy only achieved through homemade baked goods in the early morn.

The downside to this morning is that S woke up with some chest congestion, and I'm having to listen to her very astutely to make sure she doesn't need to hit the pediatrician's office. We'll see.

What else? I am in love with Spring. I always love Spring, but I feel so consumed by it this year. Every morning, I wake up to birds singing outside, and I smile. I look out the windows and I see new grass, and I smile. I leave my sweaters inside, and I smile. I see S's naked legs in dresses, and I smile. And then there are the daffodils and the crocus and the hyacinth. Be still, my heart.

Lastly, the remodel officially starts Monday morning at 8am. Kiss the awful shower goodbye...it's the first thing to go. Woo hoo. Again, happy mama.

FIVE SENSES FRIDAY

Sight: S pulling weeds
Sound: those lovely birds, S counting to twelve
Smell: cinnamon rolls, wild onions
Touch: kneading dough
Taste: warm bread and brie

Have a great weekend, peeps.

No comments: