Thursday, March 12, 2009

oh, God. that just happened.

I have just had the grossest experience thus far of mommyhood. Let's not forget, I have had my mouth puked in. I have been snotted in the face. Parenthood is really not something that should be entered into lightly if you have a weak stomach. Either way, my stomach just turned.

S pooped. It happens a lot. No big deal.

Somehow, though. Somehow I managed to get some poop on the back of my hand. I don't know how it happened. What I really don't understand is how I didn't notice.

I wiped my face with the back of said hand. Then I saw the hand, and I nearly barfed. Barfed. Right there in the kitchen. My stomach is still all swimmy just from thinking about it. It is going to be a heck of a day.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Ahhh, the joys of motherhood!

die Frau said...

Ohhh... I'm so sorry! But I'm chuckling a little; I hope that's ok.

I almost did that the other day with Penny's poop bag. As it was, it got all over the bottom of my coat and my glove.

One day this will happen to all of us who have kids. One day you will have vindication. It will come, oh yes, it will come.

Sarah Berry said...

In between spurts of hysterical laughter I'm trying to decide which experience would have grossed me out more. I think the puke would actually have been worse for me. At least your day is all uphill from here :)

feather nester said...

Oh, Scarlet, get ready because the Husband and I have each gotten the puke in the mouth, too. It happens pretty early.

I comforted Ouiser this morning by letting her know that the Papoose threw up mucous all over me this morning. She wins, no doubt, but I thought it might make her feel better.

Ouiser, I wonder, did you consider boiling your face? Just a little bit?

Wonderland said...

boiling your face!?! HAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you didn't lick your arm.