Tuesday, March 01, 2011

so overwhelmed, so much to be thankful for.

Dude. Life is rough sometimes. I know you all know what I mean. We had our recent drama. It sucked, but we were reminded of our blessings, which is always a good thing. But it's just seemed like the crazy keeps happening. It's not really even worth going into. Sick kid. Worried mama. Concern. Hysterical mama. Stress that shouldn't be a part of my life but that I can't let go of. And the pregnancy hormones make it all seem like it's been multiplied by a thousand. Anyone out there that can relate? Anyone else just feel like they're drowning sometimes? Anyway, I've been feeling a lot like that lately.

And then I see how great I have it. That my problems are those bumps in the road I mentioned.

My friend Toddler Tamer posted this today about a friend's crusade to raise money for children's cancer research.

And it's pretty timely because an old friend from college has a daughter who is battling cancer right now. It's gut wrenching.

And I have two friends, A and A, who are living right now with significant physical pain as a part of their daily lives.

And my friend S's husband just lost his father.

And the list could continue.

And I'm trying to remember to just breathe. Just be a good mama to the girl that's here now and the boy that's coming along soon enough. Try not to stress my husband out with hysterical bursts of hormonal crying.

They're just bumps in the road. The sun is shining. I am blessed beyond belief. And I am sending what little positive energy I've got out into the universe for my friends that really need it. We probably all should.


1 comment:

monkeymama said...

I love you. You are wise beyond your years and always give me a pick-me-up! Preach it, sista!!

hugs